Dear Valued Patient,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- In order to reduce the amount of people in the building at one time, we ask you to please wait in your car prior to your appointment time.When you arrive, please call the front office to let them know you have arrived. Once it is time for your scheduled appointment time, we will have a team member accompany you from the parking lot to the inside of the building.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. We will also ask that you swish with a 1% hydrogen peroxide mouth wash for 60 seconds prior to being seen by clinical staff or doctors
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We ask that unless you are accompanying a patient to an appointment due to age or specific health accommodations; please arrive at your appointments by yourself to limit the amount of people in the building at one time.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 850-492-7647 or visit our website at www.mysorrentodental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Christopher Campus, Dr. Kent Riley, Dr. Victoria Tidwell, Dr. Gabrielle Goodman, & the Sorrento Dental Care team