“There’s no reason to suffer with loose fitting dentures, thanks to the advancements in mini-dental implants.”
— Dr. Chris Campus
Traditional dentures simply rest on top of the gums, held in place by denture paste. Traditional dentures present numerous challenges: they are difficult to insert and remove; and they are not stable, and can loosen while chewing or speaking. Additionally, since they are not attached to the jaw, often denture-wearers suffer from decreasing bone density.
However, there is an alternative! We can place several dental implants into the jaw, and either permanently affix your dentures, or fabricate “snap-on” dentures that lock into place on top of the dental implants, holding them in place, while also allowing them to be easily removed.
Advantages of Dentures Supported by Dental Implants
- Implant-supported dentures are much less likely to come loose. No more worrying while talking or eating in public!
- Implant-supported dentures look much more natural, and even feel just like natural teeth because they are held securely in place!
- Patients with implant-supported dentures are much less likely to develop sores in their mouths due to irritation, since the dentures remain in place.
- Dentures secured by dental implants help you speak more clearly, eliminating the slurred speech and clicking noises that are common with traditional dentures.
- Denture adhesives are no longer required!
What If I’ve Suffered Bone Loss Already?
If you’ve been wearing dentures for many years, there’s a chance you’ve lost too much bone density to be a good candidate for traditional dental implants. However, we also place mini-dental implants, which function just like regular dental implants, but are about 50% smaller. These “miniature” dental implants are perfect for patients whose bone density is unsuitable for full-size dental implants.
If you’re unhappy with your current dentures, give us a call to see whether there is a better option. At your appointment, we can answer all the questions you may have, and present several options to ensure a result you’re happy with. Call us at (850) 492-7647 to schedule!