“There’s no reason to suffer with loose fitting dentures, thanks to the advancements in mini-dental implants.”
— Dr. Chris Campus
Traditional dentures simply rest on top of the gums, held in place by denture paste. Traditional dentures present numerous challenges: they are difficult to insert and remove; and they are not stable, and can loosen while chewing or speaking. Additionally, since they are not attached to the jaw, often denture-wearers suffer from decreasing bone density.
However, there is an alternative! We can place several dental implants (right here in our Pensacola office!) into the jaw, and either permanently affix your dentures, or fabricate “snap-on” dentures that lock into place on top of the dental implants, holding them in place, while also allowing them to be easily removed.
Advantages of Dentures Supported by Dental Implants
- Implant-supported dentures are much less likely to come loose. No more worrying while talking or eating in public!
- Implant-supported dentures look much more natural, and even feel just like natural teeth because they are held securely in place!
- Patients with implant-supported dentures are much less likely to develop sores in their mouths due to irritation, since the dentures remain in place.
- Dentures secured by dental implants help you speak more clearly, eliminating the slurred speech and clicking noises that are common with traditional dentures.
- Denture adhesives are no longer required!
What If I’ve Suffered Bone Loss Already?
If you’ve been wearing dentures for many years, there’s a chance you’ve lost too much bone density to be a good candidate for traditional dental implants. However, we also place mini-dental implants, which function just like regular dental implants, but are about 50% smaller. These “miniature” dental implants are perfect for patients whose bone density is unsuitable for full-size dental implants.
If you’re unhappy with your current dentures and are looking for a dentist in Pensacola, Florida who can help, give us a call to see whether there is a better option. At your appointment, we can answer all the questions you may have, and present several options to ensure a result you’re happy with. Call us at (850) 492-7647 to schedule!